Cambridge Mercantile Group is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with regional offices across North America, the UK and Australia. Additional locations and markets are anticipated for this growing global network.
Current Job Postings
We are an equal opportunity employer that is always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining Team Cambridge.Below are the job postings currently available. Select the link to view specific job details and for information on how to apply.
Business Unit: Sales
Location: Boston, New York City, San Fransisco
Reports to: Sales Manager
Since its inception in 1992, Cambridge Mercantile has been earning the trust and respect of leading companies around the world by providing efficient and customizable global payment services that are second to none. Recently, Cambridge’s traditional business model has been complimented with an extensive suite of hedging and risk management products, powered by payments technologies widely regarded as industry leading.
With over 350 dedicated employees and offices strategically located across the globe, Cambridge facilitates the secure and prompt movement of over $20 billion dollars annually for over 14,000 clients of all sizes worldwide.
Role Function and Purpose
Cambridge Mercantile is looking for a motivated Business Development Executives to join their thriving sales team. This is an exciting opportunity in a corporate sales environment where you will be exposed to the competitive, coveted financial sector. The successful candidate will offer their knowledge, experience, confidence and build credibility with clients in the International payments sales arena. Rewards are competitive.
The Business Development Executives’ main responsibility is to identify research, pursue and close new business appointments of specified size and value over the phone. Business Developers will be required to hit monthly and quarterly new business targets, and will be remunerated on both new business and culmulative revenue from their self generated and maintained client base.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a high volume of outbound calls
- Source and generate leads for potential new business
- Identify and qualify new business prospects
- Close new business appointments and accounts
- Work closely with and provide support to a Business Development Manager and an in-house Trader
- Drive to achieve monthly targets
- Make regular updates to the company CRM system
- Telesales and/or face to face sales experience are a prerequisite; knowledge of the financial markets will be advantageous, along with payment process understanding, however training will be given
- Must have a degree or Diploma in Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proficient in MS Office; Word and Excel
Abilities and Attributes
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Tenacity, resilience and a positive outlook
- Credibility, and confidence to liaise with Directors and Executives of large corporations
- Drive to succeed
- Proven ability to deliver results within required deadlines
- Ability to work in a metrics reporting environment
- The ability to work independently and as a team player
How to apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining how your experience relates to our requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Business Developer - [insert desired location]’ in the subject line.
No phone calls please.